Tuesday 2 April 2013

Kai Iwi Lakes!

Blehhhhh...I have had wayyyy too much Easter chocolate! And now it's tempting me with it's "50% off" stickers at the grocery store!!

Anyway, for Easter, Ben and I had our first Kiwi camping experience! Now, I have been "camping" before but this almost always ended with us packing up early and heading home because a) it was too cold or b) we ran out of some sort of provision. Good 'ole college camping out at Lake Bryan :) Luckily, the people we went with this time were super prepared! They had a pretty sweet set-up! They even shared their tent with us :) We really enjoyed eating, tree climbing, reading, relaxing, taking underwater pictures, biscuit-ing...

...Boxhead...

 

...trying my first (and only) Marmite and chip sandwich...


...The Adventures of Chick-Chick... 




...my first successful wakeboarding...  


  ...and swimming in the crystal blue, fresh water! 


Thanks Karmia and Caleb for taking us! 

Now that we're home, we will probably be relaxing around the house and getting ready for our parents to come visit in less than 2 weeks!!! We have lots of exciting stuff planned including a trip down to Queenstown where I'm trying to get Ben to agree to some bungee jumping! :) We'll see how that works out...

You can see all the pictures from our weekend on Smugmug! Along with an awesome video of me wakeboarding (and bailing...)! 

love love love
the webers

0 comments:

Post a Comment