Thursday 7 February 2013

Getcha all caught up...

Hi one follower...It's been too long.

I have so much to fill you in on because we JUST got our Internet turned on at our new place :) Yes, the first thing I wanted to do with the Internet was blog...

WE MOVED! Let me back up because before you can move, you have to pack...


This is Ben's idea of packing....

After our move to Auckland (and Mommy mailing us pillows), we were blessed with a bajillion space bags and nothing to do with them! Well, when packing to move to the new place Ben decided to put them to good use and space bag all of our pantry items. I must say, it worked pretty well.

Anyway, we now live in a beautiful little fourplex (I almost don't want to call it that because it's more of a house broken up into four different units) in Meadowbank, about 15 minutes (without traffic) from the city. It's right in between Ben and I's workplaces so super convenient. Ben is even looking for a bike to ride to work. Which means that I can have sole use of.....


our new car!!! Isn't she cute??

The whole reason behind the move was because we wanted to buy a car. It's too expensive to have a car-park in the city so we decided to move to the burbs where parking is FREE! Our new place has a car park AND a garage, which Ben loves! I love being able to go to the grocery store, the coffee shop, where ever...whenever I want! I think I am just about used to the right-side driving! It almost feels natural now. I'm gonna be all screwed up if I have to drive when visiting the States. 

Reason #1 I love having a car: We can finally buy some furniture! Including our new couch!


It did take 3 trips...but I was so impressed that it fit! Here is is all "assembled."


I love it! It is exactly what I was looking for: grey, lounge thingy, and it even came with a giant ottoman! Now I just need some bright colored pillows to throw on there...and maybe a tray for the ottoman...Secondhand stores, here I come!

Okay, last picture...our new sweet neighbors brought us this cake over the other night right after we moved in!

(Ben might have started to cut into it and then I wanted to take a picture...)

It was delicious and I love that they are so thoughtful. Makes it less awkward if I have to go over and ask for an egg every once in a while :) In our apartment, I did not have a conversation with our neighbors ONCE! We had three apartments on our floor and I only ever saw the inhabitants of 2 of them....and that was infrequently. I think we are going to like it here! 

Now that we have the internet, I'm going to go catch up on New Girl, The Biggest Loser, The Bachelor...you know all the good shows :)

Love,
The Webers :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment