Saturday 25 January 2014

Glamping

Glamping is a horrible name! Makes it sound awful and girly and unnecessary...

But anywho, Ben and I went glamping this past weekend as a late anniversary getaway! And it was ah-mazing! I started on Friday when my wonderful hubby sent flowers to me at school!! There's nothing better than getting surprise flowers...and I wasn't even mad at him! :) We stayed at Castaways about an hour south of Auckland and when we first got there, we checked in and loaded our stuff onto a golf cart buggy to make the 10 minute drive out to our secluded campsite!




Complete with outdoor bathtub, two hammocks, and a cliftop view of the ocean (and sunset) below! It could not have been any better!

Saturday, we ventured down to the beach and did a bit of hiking! We found a waterfall that you could hike up right next to this really neat rock formation! 





And below, you can see our teeny tiny little campsite from the beach!


Did you find it??

I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested in a little bit of luxurious camping! It was so hard to choose just a few photos (can you tell?) so there are a bunch more of our "tent" as well as the beautiful sunset on Saturday night. You can find them HERE

Happy 4th Anniversary to my amazing, thoughtful, loving husband!
love, 
the webers


0 comments:

Post a Comment