Saturday 22 September 2012

No pictures, just rant...

Want to know what's frustrating, but also a "first-world problem"? TV. Now, I would like to say that I'm one of those people who is like, "TV...schmeevee" but I'm not (probably inherited from my mom...thanks...). I have a FEW shows that I like to keep up with and I'm constantly trying to wean those few down to none. Being here in New Zealand, we don't have cable (more on that later), which would be fine cause I can watch all sorts of shows on the internet these days. But the internet here is structured differently: you pay based on how much you use (not based on speed) and, trust me, it's pricey! So, my internet viewing is limited! I watch MAYBE one show a day and sometimes it's just a partial bit of one show.

Okay, so no (limited) internet show watching. Now, we don't have cable per se but we do get 10, count them, 10 channels hooked up to the TV in our living room. It's pretty much the New Zealand version of ABC, CBS, NBC, etc...the basics. Some shows premiere here the same time they premiere in the States likes New Girl, How I Met Your Mother (which I am like 10 episodes behind on), and Grey's Anatomy but definitely not all of them :( Also, I'm so used to DVR...it's weird to have to sit down at a particular time to watch a show. I know, I know, I'm spoiled...anyway...

My favorites: The ones mentioned above but also...

Downton Abbey-I just looked and they are premiering Season TWO starting in October! I guess that gives me an excuse to watch it again but I'm ready to see Season 3!

Modern Family-I can't really find a premiere date for season 4 but they have finished showing all of season 3...just have to wait and see I guess!

Bachelorette/Bachelor/Bachelor Pad-Yes. New season in January!

One Tree Hill (Netflix)-Thanks Kyla for getting me hooked on this one! My only saving grace is that I'm on season 8 and after that there's one more season then DONE FOR GOOD!

Some other shows that, if they're on, I will watch: Gossip Girl, Last Man Standing, mmm, I think that's about it!

Okay, done talking about TV! I'm hoping that if I just abstain for a while I won't enjoy it anymore (probably not going to work...)! While we are living here in this beautiful country I'm going to focus on being outside and doing things, not sitting and watching TV. That being said, it was a beautiful day today so Ben and I walked over to a large park called The Domain today! It was warm, we laid in the grass and just enjoyed the sunshine! So ready for some warm, beach weather! Afterwards we had fresh oysters, veal liver toasties, and turbot sliders for lunch! It was DELICIOUS! Anyone who comes to visit will be treated to the amazing restaurant we went to today! Incentive...


0 comments:

Post a Comment