Tuesday 25 December 2012

Boxing Day Recipe (and all things food)

It's been a while since I've featured a recipe on the blog! Yesterday, I wanted to make Ben his traditional Christmas morning breakfast of cinnamon rolls. That did not work out :( Apparently I "killed the yeast" so they did not rise and were these dense little rolls. Not good. So, I wanted to redeem myself this morning by making Cinnamon Brown Butter Breakfast Puffs. My friend Sara posted a picture of them on her Facebook and they looked delicious so I thought I'd give them a try. And, magically, I had all the ingredients* already! 

Note: These are not healthy whatsoever...they are dipped in butter. Enough said.

I made mini muffins and with the leftover batter made some regular size muffins. Because I just can't wait to do more than one batch...

They were really sweet but really good. I had one and that was enough for me! Which is good...because I don't need to eat more than one of these! Definitely redeemed myself after the cinnamon roll fiasco! Haha...so it was not a fiasco, but I was mad at myself for messing up Christmas morning breakfast!!

Speaking of messing up a classic...

For Thanksgiving I mentioned that I made some stuffing and it did not turn out like Mama made it. Well, we were invited over to someone's Christmas dinner so I wanted to give it another go. And this time is was perfect!! I guess I didn't make enough "sauce" last time so it was a bit dry but this time, much better! Everyone seemed to like it! Score! Ben made some homemade Eggnog to take with us too and that was a hit. The whole bottle was gone in about 10 minutes, we probably should have brought more! Who knew? 

I know it's still Christmas in the States so...

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

Love, The Webers

0 comments:

Post a Comment