Saturday 29 December 2012

Last Post of 2012!

Christmas is over :( Around our house, we have taken the decorations off of the tree, put away the stockings and...left the tree sitting in the corner...we're not quite sure what to do with it. Our latest plan is to cut it up into little pieces and throw it down the garbage chute...dead body style. Haha! Otherwise you have to pay somebody $20 (!!!) to come and pick it up and throw it away for you! Ridiculous!

In other non-creepy news, can I just tell you how much I love silicone bakeware?? My goal is to own a WHOLE set of silicone bakeware but for now I just have large muffin cups, regular muffin cups, and mini muffin cups (so if you need any muffins/cupcakes, you just let me know). I get so frustrated when I am trying to make something and have gone to all this effort to mix, let it rise, wait some more, let it rise again, bake, cool...and it is ruined because it's stuck to the dang pan!! Well, no more! Whatever I'm making just pops right out of those little beauties! None stuck whatsoever! And they're so easy to clean too...now I just need a cake pan and a loaf pan and I will be set!

Speaking of muffin-sized goodies, I saw a recipe on Pinterest (WHAT?!?) the other day and I was feeling lazy about making dinner so I wanted to try these out...

Egg Muffins!

Now the lady who posted this recipe is on the South Beach diet so her recipe is a little different than the one I'm about to bestow upon you :) They're still healthy and EASY! And I may be eating two right now for lunch :)

First of all, I used my LARGE muffin pan for these because I didn't want any wimpy egg muffins. These are pretty hard to screw up and you can pretty much use whatever veggies, meat, etc. you have lying around your kitchen. I did have to pop out to the corner store because I only had 4 eggs and that wasn't nearly enough...other than that I had everything in the kitchen!

Ingredients:
10 eggs
1 zucchini (diced)
1 tomato (diced)
2 slices of ham (pretty thick, large, diced)
Onion (diced)
Dash of heavy cream (I had it and I thought it might make them better...it did :)
Salt
Pepper
Shredded Cheddar Cheese (just enough to sprinkle on top)

I put all my "toppings" in the cup first and filled them up about 3/4 of the way. Then in a bowl, I whisked the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper and poured over the "toppings" just until covered. I gave them a little stir in the muffin cups, and popped them in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. I sprinkled the cheese on after I pulled them out of the oven (because I forgot to before...) but Ben prefers the non-burnt cheese taste anyway! Now, like I said before, I used the silicone muffin cups so I didn't pre grease or anything...just put all the ingredients right in. If you don't have these you may want to grease the tin before add any ingredients. Also, you go right ahead and put any other veggies, meat, no meat you want in there! You can't screw these up! My recipe made six large egg muffins (I prefer the name mini quiche...it sounds better!) at about 180 calories each! Not bad! And, again, super easy!!!

I will probably be making these again for breakfast/brunch because Ben would prefer breakfast food be served at breakfast :) I would eat them anytime of day!

We are off to a friend's bach tomorrow for New Years Eve so I will see you all in the new year!! I need to decide what my resolution will be this year! Any ideas?? I met my 2012 resolution (losing weight) and I would like to continue that one but add on another, maybe travel related?? I'll let you know what I decide!

Happy New Year!
Love, The Webers

0 comments:

Post a Comment