Sunday 9 December 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Ahh Christmastime! My favorite time of year :) So, I'm watching the Christmas classic (eh...), Love Actually, which makes me think of movie night with my two favorite cousins, Sarah and Rachel, and blogging about all my Christmas festivities!

We had our school Christmas celebration with the kids on Thursday so I made homemade Thin Mints....which. were. delicious! And also super easy to make...I think I ate too many of them because they don't sound delicious anymore :( Which might be a good thing! Obviously, I found the recipe on Pinterest and you can find it here.


I made milk chocolate and white chocolate and both were equally yummy! I tried to make dark chocolate as well but when I mixed the chocolate with the peppermint extract, it made it all hard and gloopy...weird! So, don't try dark chocolate!

Friday night, Ben and I were strolling around looking at some Christmas lights, and we stumbled upon this giant Christmas tree in the park by our house.


So, it's not super impressive in the picture (wish I had a video) but they have bean bags underneath and Christmas music playing so you can just sit and relax and watch the "light show!" It was amazing!


I could have stayed here all night, but Ben made me go home :( 

Last night, we had our staff Christmas party at this little bar in Mt. Eden and I can safely say, a scene was made by a bunch of early childhood staff with the night off :) Here are some of my favorite pictures:


So, I think I have about 5 pictures of Karmia and Caleb...and there is not one single one where Caleb is just smiling! 


I think this is my new favorite picture! :)

Or maybe this one (wish it wasn't so bright)...




Ben and Caleb taking care of the left behind scarf and glasses :)


And, finally...


Some words of encouragement for Ben when he's working on his boat building! Haha!

Merry Christmas!!
Love,



0 comments:

Post a Comment