Wednesday 28 November 2012

ONE YEAR!

Sorry guys! I've been slacking on the blog posting lately. This week has been crazy busy! This is actually the first night in about a week that I've actually cooked dinner :/ Oh my gosh, but Wednesday I had dinner with my book group at an amazing restaurant I have talked before called Depot...but between the four of us we ordered about everything on the menu so I got to try some more deliciousness! So anyway, my goal is no eating out this weekend since we weren't very good this week :(

The whole point of this post is to celebrate ONE YEAR from the day I decided enough was enough! I started my lifestyle change (ie diet) on November 29th, 2011 (coincidentally, right after Thanksgiving...) and here it is November 29th, 2012! I wish I had a scale where I could "weigh in" to see what my official weight is at one year exactly but I don't :( I am not ashamed to share my weight because I am so very proud of the weight I have lost and the effort I have put into my journey.

My starting weight was 254 (Biggest Loser moment...). I was not happy with how I looked and looking back, I can't believe I let myself get that big. But everyone's gotta start from somewhere! The past year has taught me that all it takes is a little determination and drive! It really is a commitment to eat healthy and work out...there were no gimmicks for me...just hard work! I can't say that I have been as healthy as I would like since we have moved to Auckland but I am happy to say that I have maintained the weight that I have lost! That is definitely a big fear for me...but now that I know what I can accomplish, I know I can kick it back into gear!

So, this is my "before" picture from November 2011 and the most recent picture I have of myself in my phone! Haha...trying on clothes! (FYI...I didn't buy the dress)

Well, I know you're dying to know my current weight :) As of a couple weeks ago, I was 88.8 kg (haha...see what I did there??) or 195.7 lbs.

That means I've lost (and, more importantly, kept off!!) 58.3 pounds!

I'm pretty dang proud of that! 

Here's another progression picture:

The first picture was taken when I completed my first (and only) day of P90X...the middle was about 50 pounds lost and the last picture is from tonight! 

There are definitely things I still want to work on and goals I am aiming for but I am so much more comfortable now with who I am and how I feel about myself! I love shopping and trying on clothes I could never dream about wearing (like that hot dress up above) even if I can't afford them! Hopefully one year from today, I will be posting that I have met my goal weight of 164! 

31 pounds to go...

0 comments:

Post a Comment