Tuesday 20 November 2012

Who needs a dishwasher anyway?

Every once in a while our dishwasher acts up and the floor in front of it gets a little wet. No biggy! Well, yesterday, I came home to a soaking wet bedroom floor. It just so happens that our bedroom is on the back of the dishwasher and apparently it decided to explode and soak everything while Ben and I were both at work. Here's a little view...


Hopefully it will dry out soon and we may or may not get new carpet...our building manager is coming by tomorrow to check up on it. He is also coming by to install our new dishwasher! The dishwasher that was in our apartment was the original install when the building was finished so they just chucked it after the explosion :) For now, we have this emptiness in our kitchen...

(bleh, looks a little gross...)

I bet you wanted to know how we are managing to sleep with that craziness going on in our room...well, it looks a little something like this...

(check out that super sweet floral box spring! we need a bed skirt.)

I don't even have to get out of the bed to get dressed in the morning! Like I said, hopefully it will be back to normal tomorrow. We'll see. At least we don't have more furniture to move around! I won a floor lamp on Trade Me for our living room that I'm super excited about! Maybe I'll remember to post a picture of it for my Thanksgiving post! Two more days :) I've got some yummy traditional recipes on the menu. I'll let you know how they turn out! 

Gotta go wash some dishes by hand...

0 comments:

Post a Comment