Saturday 10 November 2012

Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread...mmmmmm

Catch up from last post: I only did that workout for about 3 commercial breaks...300 calories...not too shabby!

So, yesterday I was in a baking mood. Long story short, I didn't get to bake anything so I woke up this morning on a mission. I found this recipe for Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread...looks delicious, huh? Well, I started to pull all my stuff out to make it for breakfast and I didn't have enough flour :( So, off to the store I went (like I said, I was on a mission). I couldn't go out and about on a Saturday morning without a stop for my morning coffee and the other day, I saw that Starbucks has their Christmas cups out so my feet knew where were walking before I had even decided in my head to go there :) And, I did not realize, but Starbucks has a punch card system and I got TWO punches for today! Good morning to me :) Mmmm...Gingerbread Latte...

Saw this little (or big) beauty outside of Starbucks this morning. They were still assembling the presents to go at his feet while I was waiting...I'll have to see if I can get a finished product picture tomorrow!


A good 30 minutes later, I was back home with my flour and my cup of coffee, ready to go! It was a pretty lengthy process to make this bread, about 3 hours in total including all rising and resting times, but it was very worth it. I am never really good about homemade breads with all the rising, kneading, punching, etc. but I am really proud of this product.



That was about as good lookin' as it got. It became a hot mess once I had to take it out of the pan because it stuck like crazy to the bottom (should have just left it in there). The taste was not affected at all but it just looked ugly and I had a little breakdown for a second there.

Needless to say, I have had nothing but pull apart bread and coffee to eat today...yum :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment