Thursday 1 November 2012

Happy Halloween!

I know it's officially November at this point but I wanted to show off our pumpkin carving and tell you about our first Halloween in Auckland! We had some friends over to carve pumpkins (they had never done it before!!) on Sunday. I can see why they've never done it because it was hard enough to find pumpkins that were big enough to carve! After about four fruit and vege stores, we finally found ones big enough! Here's the "before" picture...

It's a little green and, yes, we are using table knives! No special carving utensils for us!

And, the finished products!


Here is mine and Ben's! Classic...

Karmia's pumpkin!

Karmia's boyfriend, Caleb's, pumpkin! It's a taniwha, a creature from Maori mythology. We agreed it kind of looked like Dog the Bounty Hunter :)

Halloween is not a huge deal here in New Zealand so I didn't see a whole lot of costumes and we had no trick-or-treaters. We do live in the city, so that might have been why! One day, we will have our very own house with our very own trick-or-treaters! We will not have our very own house in New Zealand though :( They require non-residents to put 50% down, and I just spent my $250,000 on something else... I was a little sad when I heard that news. But oh well!

I attempted to make dinner in my new crock pot (yay!!) and it didn't turn out as well as one would have hoped...I know one pin that will be deleted from my boards...don't worry, I still love my crock pot. I made some potato soup the other day that was delicious!! Recipe here...

We are going to a Halloween party on Saturday so be on the lookout for a post about my costume...I'm actually pretty proud of it :) I've gotta find the final details tomorrow and put it all together but I'm almost done!

Happy November! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment