Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy 2013!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

It has been a crazy year with so many changes and exciting things happening in our lives! We were invited by some friend's to ring in the new year at their beach house about three hours north of Auckland! 

(our drive up North)

(the view from the bach)


We spent some time making sure we had New Years ready nails! You can never go wrong with some sparkle! :) Every time I look down now, I think I have dirt or food or something on my nails...


Today we went to a little beach called Whales Bay! The water was SUPER cold so I was in for all of 5 minutes but it was beautiful and, even though I couldn't touch, I could see straight to the bottom! Hopefully the water will start to warm up now that the weather has been fine! 


My favorite part of the night was letting off some lanterns down at the beach! I had never done that before but it was so cool and gave Ben and I a chance to look back over the past year and make a New Years wish! I think we have a new New Years tradition! :)


Ours obviously did not look like this...there were only four :) 

And lastly...

My 10 Top Moments of 2012 (in no particular order :)

*The births of Emily Grace and Zara Elizabeth :)
*Moving to New Zealand...duh
*Being a part of Kathryn and Josh's wedding!
*Meeting SEVERAL weight loss goals
*Finding wonderful friends here in New Zealand
*TWO road trips to visit Tyler and Cassidy in Alabama
*Kyle's First Birthday! 
*Last weekend with my BFF in Houston
*Our Going Away Party (a few months early :)
*Visiting with all our family and friends before we left the States!

I can't wait to see how 2013 ends up! 
Love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment