Saturday 13 October 2012

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood... (can't read that without singing it, huh?)

In my last post, I did tell you I'd let you know how the Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce turned out and it. was. delicious! Click on the link and it will take you to the recipe! It made one dinner and then another "leftover night" and that was it. Ben was kind of disappointed it was all gone after last night, which is totally a good sign! (Normally he doesn't really care...)

After church today, we decided to head back to Cornwall Park, which I told ya'll about before! It has taken a couple weeks to get back because the weather has not cooperated (i.e. it's been rainy). And, true to form, it was rainy again today! But it was only "spitting" so we decided to brave it anyway. We got takeaway from a cafe across the street from the park and enjoyed it while soaking up the sun and watching kids play in the park. While eating lunch, we watched this kid fly off the end of the zipline and hit a pole!! After much ado, he got up and did it again! Haha! Kids are resilient! Here are some pictures from the beautiful park:


Lamby, lamb!

Did I mention there were sheep? 

This monument is at the top of One Tree Hill! One Tree Hill Domain is included in Cornwall Park. We did not climb it today, just looked from afar...
 PS-Don't you love all the stone fences??

This rooster just walked down the middle of the road like it owned the place! 

And then proceeded to SIT in the middle of the road while cars had to drive around it! 

This view is down one side of Twin Oaks Drive, one of the main roads that goes through the park. 

And then we climbed some trees :) I did not get one single picture of Ben during our whole trek! I'm sure he prefers it that way. What a sneaky kid!

And last, but not least, one of the beautiful views! This view overlooks Mount Wellington in the distance on the left! 

It turned out to be a beautiful day in Auckland. I hope it was a beautiful day wherever YOU are! :) 

I have been experimenting with some pumpkin/fall recipes lately but none that I absolutely have to share. I am trying to get in my last cold weather foods/soups before it starts to get too warm! I am baking again tonight so, hopefully this one will be the one! I'll let you know :) I found a recipe for some Halloween Puppy Chow today so I know I will be making that in the near future!

Any suggestions?

1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I told Zig about the puppy chow, and she is waiting with great anticipation!

Post a Comment